We aim to protect the safety of cosmetic products users in Europe by promoting high standards of services and professional conduct among European Responsible Persons.
- ERPA seeks to generate awareness of the European Responsible Person roles and obligations.
- ERPA seeks to encourage high standard of professional conduct and competence among the European Responsible Persons.
- ERPA seeks to create guidelines of cooperation among the compliance operators involved in the regulatory affairs of cosmetic products.
- To create Good Working Practices guidelines of the European Responsible Person profession.
- To be an active stakeholder in the regulatory and legislative decision making process affecting the European Responsible Person profession.
- To create cooperation guidelines among the Responsible Person, Safety Assessor, Manufacturer and other compliance operators.
Code of conduct
All members of ERPA are committed to providing a high quality of service to their clients and maintaining high ethical standards. To this purpose, the following Code of Conduct has been established to be followed by the ERPA members.
- Provide competent professional services to clients.
- Be incorporated as a legal person and assume all the legal responsibilities that this entails.
- Employ adequate and competent staff with expertise and knowledge of European legal and regulatory requirements concerning cosmetics.
- Refrain from and seek to avoid conflicts of interest of business or financial nature.
- Contract for sufficient liability insurance pertaining to Responsible Person activities, in order to protect their clients and themselves.
- Maintain good standards of confidentiality with regard to third parties.
- Warn clients of any actual or potential regulatory and legal violations that may result from their activities or plans.
- Seek and follow further education in areas relevant to Responsible Person as well as maintain awareness of relevant developments.
- Maintain good relationships with Competent Authorities, and be responsive to their enquiries.
Additionally, all members do jointly:
- Advocate the interests of the Responsible Persons and of their clients within the European Economic Area to the European Commission, authorities of the Member States and other interested parties.
- Contribute to the development of the image and activities of ERPA.